Being able to work from home isn’t just a pie-in-the-sky dream anymore. Millions of people are learning that online home-based Affiliate Marketing businesses can be a reality. With the state of the economy right now, people are taking control of their lives and finances and investing in themselves by creating lucrative incomes from Affiliate Marketing businesses. Whether it is your desire to earn supplemental income, residual income for your future, or you have decided that you are ready to change directions and careers, earning a living from home can be done.
Today we will focus on article writing for the Affiliate Marketer and promoting your own home-based business. It is imperative that you get your name out there in the online world. Having a website is great, but you’ve got to be able to drive traffic to that website to create the client base you need. Unless you know 1.3 billion people, marketing to your friends, families and co-workers is not going to give you the volume you must have to beat out your competition and make your business a success. In order for your website to be high on the Google search pages, people have to know who you are and where to find you. How is this done? There are many ways to accomplish this, but writing articles for online publication is effective, fast, and best of all, it’s free. It is a way to get your name out there, establish yourself as an “expert” in your field, and when people read your articles, they have an instant link to your website right in front of them.
EzineArticles is an article managing site, and is great for article submissions. They offer multiple research and tracking tools, comprehensive tutorials, and the site is easy to use and navigate. Once you have become a member, you are ready to start writing articles for submission. It is amazing how many topics you will be able to write about that will tie into whatever you are promoting. Writing product reviews, especially on your competition, is a great way to get started. There are a couple of simple guiding rules of thumb.
- Decide precisely to whom you are marketing and use your key words throughout your article. If you write an article that you are hoping will appeal to stay-at-home moms, be specific. Rather than title your article “How to work from home,” a more market specific title might be “Stay-at-home moms: practical ways to make money working from home.” These are your “key words,” and they will make or break your article ranking.
- Make sure your article can be tied into what you are marketing. If you are selling a skin care product for women, you aren’t going to want to write articles on the sky rocketing price of concrete. Stick to what you know, review other beauty items, the competition, etc. Go for your target market.
- Because people are clicking on to your article to find specific information, keep it short, simple and concise. Ask a question in your article, and then answer that question; give tips, advice, etc. Your article should be between 300-500 words. Articles that run a little longer than 500 words are ok, but be sure you have something to say. Don’t just “ramble!”
- Double and triple check your spelling and grammar. Even the most seasoned writer is prone to leaving a word out of a sentence, or substituting “in” for “on.” Proof read and clean up your copy before submission.
- Make sure your key words comprise 2% of your article. These are the words that will make you stand out in a Google search. The better your key words, the more viewers you will attract to your articles. You can not simply pick a bunch of key words and “stuff” an article. This is not allowed, and your articles won’t be accepted for submission.
The competition in the Affiliate Marketing world is on the rise. Only the best of the best will make it. You need specific skills and techniques to help you stand out from your competition. A reliable and comprehensive mentoring/tutoring program will teach you everything you need to know to be among the three percent of online home-based Affiliate Marketers who succeed.
If you are ready to do what it takes