Great product reviews is the life blood of today’s successful affiliate marketer. Yet the biggest obstacle you will have is the growing skepticism from readers of product reviews that are found online. This is due to many having been burnt or scammed by such reviews that are simply rubbish. Yes in many cases, years of too good to be true product reviews have made readers sceptical and hard to reach. I myself and maybe even you yourself have been taken for a ride with a supposedly great product review(s) or a sales page. And how did we feel afterwards – scammed, stupid and a necessity to become hardened to what you see and read.
However, as sceptical as we may have become, reviews are still necessary to gauge a products general worth. So what is now happening is that readers are reading a lot more product product review reviews and carefully considering them before making a decision. That is why we need to make our reviews stand out from the pack and get noticed as a provider of reliable, honest, objective and quality product reviews.
So how do we write a great product review? Below are 5 very important tips or steps worth considering.
1. Evaluate the Affiliate Website
A good product to promote will always be supported with a well-structured web site that provides loads of support and information for affiliate marketers to use. This will make writing a great review a lot easier. Good affiliate web sites will invariably have information on the products being promoted that can help you to write a great review. It will also help you decide on what to write as you do not necessarily want to be rehashing what the web site sales page are saying. That is, you may need to adopt a “pre sales” style of writing a product review as the web site will be doing the sales. Where you do use information from the web site, make sure you do not copy verbatim and rewrite as much as possible in your own words.
2. Have the Reader in Mind
Before you start the review, have an end objective in mind, in particular, the type of reader you are trying to appeal to and what information he or she is likely to be seeking. The reader you may be trying to reach may be a beginner in say affiliate marketing and is likely to be after the basics rather than a technical approach to some aspect of affiliate marketing. Also keep the writing style informal, using the same types of words that you would use in speaking with a friend and avoid an overly professional approach unless that is called for. Also, try and ask yourself questions as to what that sort of person would want to know in knowing what to write and avoid rambling on. Remember, you are there to help the reader to understand a product better and to help them arrive at a decision that is right for them.
3. Your Personal Experience in Using the Product
Nothing convinces a reader better on a product review than a firsthand account of your experience in using the product. Products that you are using are good to promote for that reason. Tell your reader what you found good about the product and how it is helping you. It will help the reader see that you have enough conviction in the product that you were willing purchase the product yourself. If you do not own it, the best way to compile a review is to buy it and use it if your serious in promoting it. It will give you so much more to add into your review that other affiliates may not be picking up on and will make your product review more valuable to the reader. If the price is affordable, consider it as an investment.
4. What to Consider in the Product Review
– Features: What is the product? What are the physical and/or intangible features? List the products aspects such as weight, height, color, number of pages, delivery method, etc.
– Benefits: What does it do? Does it help you make money? Save time? Save money? Does it solve a problem? As buyers are mostly motivated by the benefits of a product, it must be carefully considered and articulated in the review.
– Results: What results have you or others received from using the product? Can you quantify them in an easy to read and understandable format? Do not make extravagant claims as this will destroy the credibility of your review.
– Difference: If this product is different from others on the market, explain exactly what it is. This is best accomplished using a table of quick facts comparing the various products with their respective features, etc. This is a style of presentation that people can read and understand very quickly and simply.
– Balanced View: Are there things you don’t like about the product? Share them! A product that’s all positive won’t seem realistic. You should always keep the review as objective as possible looking at all aspects of the product. If you are expressing a negative aspect, this need not be a bad thing. You can often turn that around by mentioning why the negative is not enough to deter anyone from purchasing the product if that is case. If there is a major negative, reconsider whether you should even be promoting it or show how this may not be a negative for certain types of readers or users of the product.
– Call to Action: You should have a clear call to action in all your marketing pieces and a product review is no different. In product reviews, this is generally accomplished by including a link to an offer, web site or further information on the product.
5. Review the “Product Review”
When I first write my review, it all sounds good and I am proud of it and the effort I put in. However, I invariably find that if I leave it and come back to it later with a fresh mind, I can generally find improvements in the way I am saying something or in what I have covered or not covered. This opportunity may delay you a day or two in publishing the review but the benefits of writing a great product review should not be under estimated. A great review that is well thought out, original and fresh is likely to get a longer shelf life than poorly written review and gain wider circulation amongst readers. Remember, that your reviews will be around for years or maybe decades and you are trying to future proofing the reviews as much as possible.
Finally, ask yourself questions such as “Would I buy based on this review?” or “Do I believe a single word of what I have written in the review? If yes, then you have written a great product review.
I would like to invite you to check out some additional Free resources that will help you in your internet business venture at